Diplomatic relations between Kyrgyzstan and Pakistan were established on May 10, 1992.
Mr. Erik Beishembiev was appointed as Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary on 20 January 2017.
Since establishment of diplomatic relations between Kyrgyzstan and Pakistan, a number of mutual visits at high level were held:
- Official visits of the Presidents of the Kyrgyz Republic - 1994 and 2005;
- Working visit of the Prime Minister of the Kyrgyz Republic Apas Djumagulov - 1997;
- Official visit of the Chairman of the Council of Peoples Representatives of the Parliament of the Kyrgyz Republic Altai Borubaev - 2004;
- Official visit of the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Kyrgyz Republic Erlan Abdyldaev - February 26, 2015.
- Working visit of the Prime Minister of the Kyrgyz Republic Sooronbai Jeenbekov – participation in 13th ECO Summit on March 1, 2017.
- Official visit of the Parliamentary Delegation led by Speaker of the Parliament of the Kyrgyz Republic Chynybai Tursunbekov - March 13-15, 2017.
- Official visit of Head of General Staff of Armed Forces of the Kyrgyz Republic Major General Raimberdi Duishenbiev – March 12-15, 2018.
- Official visits of Presidents of Pakistan: Farooq Leghari in 1996 and Pervez Musharraf in 2005;
- Official visits of Prime Ministers of Pakistan: Benazir Bhutto in 1995, Yousaf Raza Gillani in 2011, and Nawaz Sharif in 2015.
- Working visit of the Foreign Minister of Pakistan Shah Mahmood Qureshi to Kyrgyzstan to take part in a meeting of SCO Council of Foreign Ministers on May 22, 2019;
- Working visit of the Prime Minister of Pakistan Imran Khan to take part in the Meeting of SCO Heads of States Council on June 14, 2019;
First political consultations at Deputy Foreign Ministers level to discuss bilateral relations and perspectives of future cooperation took place in Bishkek on January 23-24, 2018. The agenda of the meeting included political, parliamentary, trade, economic and cultural cooperation, regional security, and interaction in regional and international organizations, consular affairs.
Foreign Ministers of Kyrgyzstan Erlan Abdyldaev and Pakistan Khawaja Asif met in Tashkent on March 28, 2018 on sidelines of the International Conference on Afghanistan «Peaceful processes, security and regional interaction». The parties discussed further development of cooperation, exchanged views on current international issues.
Foreign Minister of Pakistan Shah Mahmood Qureshi visited the Kyrgyz Republic on May 22, 2019 to take part in the Meeting of SCO Council of Foreign Ministers and had a meeting with Foreign Minister of Kyrgyzstan Chingiz Aidarbekov. The parties discussed bilateral and multilateral cooperation, regional security and Afghanistan.
The Prime Minister of Pakistan Imran Khan took part in the Meeting of SCO Heads of States Council in Bishkek on June 13-14, 2019 and met with the President of the Kyrgyz Republic Sooronbai Jeenbekov. The discussion covered topics of bilateral and multilateral cooperation between the countries, including in international organizations.
As part of inter-parliamentary cooperation, in 2019 following contacts and meetings took place: Speaker of the Parliament of the Kyrgyz Republic Dastanbek Jumabekov met with Ambassador of Pakistan to Kyrgyzstan Faisal Tirmizi (on February 13); Ambassador of Kyrgyzstan to Pakistan Erik Beishembiev met with Chairman of the Senate of Pakistan Sadiq Sanjrani (on February 8), Coordinator of Pakistan-Kyrgyzstan Parliamentary Friendship Group in National Assembly of Pakistan Dr. Seemi Bukhari (on November 6) and with Speaker of National Assembly of Pakistan Asad Qaiser (on November 22).
Conference titled “the Role of Parliaments in Strengthening Regional Integration” on ways of mutual benefit by means of China-Pakistan Economic Corridor and the region was held on December 18, 2019 in Islamabad with participation of Speaker of Mational Assembly Asad Qaiseri, parliament members, officials from ministries and agencies of Pakistan, ambassadors of China, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, experts, students and media. Ambassador of Kyrgyzstan Erik Beishembiev took part in interactive panel session.
Ambassador of Kyrgyzstan Erik Beishembiev met with Deputy Chairman of the Senate of Pakistan Saleem Mandviwalla on June 23, 2020.