This information contains basic information about the conditions of obtaining a visa and is intended for all foreign citizens and stateless persons.
For more detailed information on the issues set out in this material, please visit the web pages of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Kyrgyz Republic or contact the Visa Center of the Consular department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Kyrgyz Republic.
1. Who needs a visa to the Kyrgyz Republic?
In accordance with the legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic, foreign citizens who are subject to a visa regime to enter the Kyrgyz Republic must have a valid passport and an entry visa. The visa can be obtained via the "E-visa" website, at the diplomatic mission or consular office of the Kyrgyz Republic abroad (if there is no representative office of the Kyrgyz Republic in the country, the visa can be obtained at the Visa Office of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Kyrgyz Republic at the Manas Airport in Bishkek on arrival). A visa to the Kyrgyz Republic cannot be issued when passing the state border by land transport.
2. Who can apply for visa support
The Department of the Consular Service of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Kyrgyz Republic provides visa support to stateless persons or citizens of foreigners that are not included in the List of Foreign Countries that are subject to the simplified visa regime in accordance with the Decree of the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic No. 87 of February 7, 2009.
The Government of the Kyrgyz Republic determines the specific features of the conditions for issuing, categories, and validity of visas.
3. How can I apply?
A visa application for consideration can be submitted online or directly to the diplomatic mission of the Kyrgyz Republic abroad.
4. Who is exempt from paying the consular fee?
No consular fees are charged:
- persons who are ethnic Kyrgyz-citizens of foreign countries are exempt from paying consular fees when they return to their permanent residence in their historical homeland;
- ethnic Kyrgyz, who are citizens of foreign states or stateless persons, are exempt from paying consular fees in the foreign institutions of the Kyrgyz Republic and the consular service of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for processing, issuing visa support, obtaining and extending entry / exit visas of the Kyrgyz Republic for entry/exit and stay in the territory of the Kyrgyz Republic for the period of stay established by the legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic;
- if there is an agreement between the Kyrgyz Republic and a foreign state on the mutual refusal to collect consular fees;
- if there is an agreement between the Kyrgyz Republic and international or other organizations on exemption from consular fees;
- on cases of repatriation of Kyrgyz citizens;
- for issuing and processing diplomatic and service passports;
- when registering the departure of officials of state, government and parliamentary delegations of the Kyrgyz Republic;
- when registering the entry to the Kyrgyz Republic of officials of foreign state, government, and parliamentary delegations;
- when registering the entry of foreign citizens to the Kyrgyz Republic for the provision of economic, humanitarian or other assistance to the Kyrgyz Republic (only if documents are provided: contracts, charters, etc.);
- for investment visas for investors and their family members upon presentation of a confirmation from the competent authority of the Kyrgyz Republic in the field of economic regulation;
- when issuing diplomatic and service visas, except in cases where they are subject to consular fees on the terms of reciprocity;
- when issuing visas to members of sports delegations and their accompanying persons, officials of international sports organizations traveling to the Kyrgyz Republic to participate in large-scale international sports events for the duration of these events, on the basis of a decision of the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic;
- in other cases provided for by the legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic.
5. What is an employment visa?
An employment visa is a visa that grants a permit for official employment in a country. The presence of a work visa guarantees the protection of the rights of workers in the territory of the country where the visa is obtained.
6. What should be the remaining validity period of the travel document when applying for a visa of the Kyrgyz Republic?
Visa can be issued till the passport's expiry date
7. What is the validity period of the visa support?
The validity period of the visa support is 30 days from the date of its registration, without the right to reuse it.
8. How many days is the visa consideration?
The e-visa consideration takes 5 working days whereas alternative visa takes 7 working days.
9. Do I need to submit my documents exactly ten days before the visa expires, or can I do it in advance?
The application for visa extension must be submitted no later than 10 days before the expiration of the stay.
10. I have applied for a visa, it should be ready on Thursday. Is there any guarantee that I will get a visa on Thursday? I need to buy plane tickets already.
The date of issue of the visa indicated in your sample letter is the expected date. We highly recommend buying tickets only after obtaining a visa.
11. I applied for a visa, but it was refused. I would like to make an appointment with the consul to find out the reason for the refusal. How long is the visa ban?
The decision to refuse to issue a visa is not subject to appeal, the consul does not receive refusals.
Additionally, it is worth noting that refusal does not necessarily mean that you are prohibited from entering the country.The next time you can apply again after one year from the date of receiving a refusal to enter the Kyrgyz Republic.
12. Can a Chinese citizen who has a permanent residence permit in the Kyrgyz Republic make an invitation to his family members, on the basis of which I can get a visa?
Citizens of foreign states residing in the Kyrgyz Republic, on the basis of a residence permit and an application from the place of work, can issue an invitation to a visa of the "family" category without the right to work for family members, if they have certifying documents.
13. What is a transit visa?
Transit visa-usually issued for a short period (up to 5 days), for travel through the territory of the country that issued the visa, to a third country.
14. Where to find responses to e-visa concerning questions?
Find out all responses on the website www.evisa.e-gov.kg