The Consul performs the following notarial actions:
-certifies transactions except for contracts for the alienation of immovable property situated in the territory of the Kyrgyz Republic
- takes measures for protection of the inherited property
-issues certificate of the right of inheritance
- Issues certificate on right of ownership of a share in the joint property of spouses
- certifies the authenticity of document copies and extracts from them
- certifies the authenticity of signatures on documents;
-certifies the accuracy of the translation of documents from one language to another;
- certifies the fact that citizen is alive;
- certifies the fact that citizen is in a certain place;
- certifies the identity of the citizen with the person depicted in the photograph;
- certifies the time of presentation of documents;
- accepts the deposit of money and securities;
- makes executive inscriptions;
- accepts documents for safekeeping;
- ensures submission of evidences;
- presents ship’s protests.
The legislative acts of the Kyrgyz Republic may provide for commission of other notarial transactions by the officials of consular offices of the Kyrgyz Republic.
The notarial actions are conducted in a consular office. In certain cases, notarial actions may be committed out of the consular office.
The notarial actions are performed on the day when the necessary documents are submitted and the state duty, fees for the provision of consular services and actual expenses are paid.
Notarized transaction, applications and other documents are signed in the presence of the consul conducting the notarial actions. If the transaction, application or other document is not signed in the presence of the consul, the signatory shall confirm personally that the document has been signed by him/her.
The Consuls will not notarize the documents if:
- the documents have erasures or additions, crossed-out words and other alterations, and also if the documents are written in pencil;
- the documents are set out on several pages, but they are not bound and numbered, not certified by the signature of the official and the seal of the organization that issued the document;
- the documents bear the facsimile signature.
The Consul refuses to perform notarial actions in cases when:
- the performance of notarial action contradicts the legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic;
- the performance of notarial action is requested by legally incompetent citizen or representative who does not have the necessary powers;
- the transaction made on behalf of a legal entity contradicts the purposes specified in its charter or regulations;
- the transaction does not comply with the requirements of the legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic;
- documents submitted for the performance of a notarial act do not comply with the requirements of the legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic.
The Consul charges fees for committed notarial actions at the rates established by the legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic.