Citizenship issues

In accordance with the second part of Article 6 of the Law "On Citizenship of the Kyrgyz Republic" dated May 21, 2007 No. 70, the acquisition by the citizen of the Kyrgyz Republic of another citizenship does not entail the termination of citizenship of the Kyrgyz Republic.

The Law on Citizenship of the Kyrgyz Republic provides for the termination of citizenship of the Kyrgyz Republic on the basis of a written application of citizens of the Kyrgyz Republic who have reached the age of 18.

Citizens of the Kyrgyz Republic residing in Malaysia wishing to apply for resignation of the Kyrgyz Republic must submit the following documents:

A written appeal of the applicant to the Embassy about the intention to quit the citizenship of the Kyrgyz Republic, indicating the reasons for leaving the citizenship.

The application includes passport details, US address, phone number, email address. address of residence in the Kyrgyz Republic before departure.

Application form addressed to the President of the Kyrgyz Republic.

Passport of a citizen of the Kyrgyz Republic with a note on consular registration.

A copy of the birth certificate.

A copy of the marriage certificate, certificate of divorce, death of the spouse (spouse) or a court decision declaring the spouse (spouse) dead or missing, in appropriate cases.

Document of the tax authority of the Kyrgyz Republic (at the last place of residence on the territory of the Kyrgyz Republic) on the absence of tax arrears.

Autobiography indicating the date of entry into the United States or Canada, home phone number and address of the current residence, as well as the nationality of the spouse (s).

Personal declaration of the absence of unfulfilled obligations (alimony, property and others) to citizens and legal entities of the Kyrgyz Republic.

Five color photographs without a headdress measuring 4 × 6 cm on a white background.

Consular fees are $ 350:

* To the attention of applicants residing in the USA - The Embassy accepts a money order addressed to the “Embassy of the Kyrgyz Republic”. (Note: personal checks are not accepted).

* For applicants residing in Canada - The Embassy accepts checks (in US $) addressed to “Embassy of the Kyrgyz Republic” only from the following banks: JPMorgan Chase / Citibank / Royal Bank of Canada / Toronto Bank. (Note: money order from Canada is not accepted).

If the applicant has a spouse (spouse) of a citizen of the Kyrgyz Republic, as well as persons who are his dependents and are citizens of the Kyrgyz Republic, a written statement should be submitted on their relation to the applicant’s exit from the citizenship of the Kyrgyz Republic.

If an applicant at the same time applies for his minor children to be released from citizenship of the Kyrgyz Republic, then, depending on the circumstances stipulated by the Law on Citizenship of the Kyrgyz Republic, the following shall be submitted:

- A copy of the certificate of birth / guardianship or guardianship / deprivation of parental rights;

- Notarized consent of the parties to terminate or retain the child’s citizenship if one of his parents or guardians remains a citizen of the Kyrgyz Republic (can be issued at the Embassy).

- Notarized consent of children aged 14 to 18 years to change citizenship (can be issued at the Embassy of the Kyrgyz Republic in the United States and Canada)

*** All of the above documents must be submitted in three (3) copies (1 original and 2 copies).