Renunciation of citizenship of the Kyrgyz Republic
In accordance with the second part of Article 6 of the “Law On Citizenship of the Kyrgyz Republic” dated May 21, 2007 No. 70, the acquisition by the citizen of the Kyrgyz Republic of another citizenship does not entail the termination of citizenship of the Kyrgyz Republic.
The Law on Citizenship of the Kyrgyz Republic provides for the termination of citizenship of the Kyrgyz Republic on the basis of a written application of citizens of the Kyrgyz Republic who have reached the age of 18.
In order to exit the citizenship of the Kyrgyz Republic, you must submit the following documents:
1. A written request of the applicant to the Embassy of the Kyrgyz Republic in India about the intention to quit the citizenship of the Kyrgyz Republic, indicating the reason for quitting the citizenship.
The application includes passport details, residential address, telephone number, e-mail, residential address in the Kyrgyz Republic before departure.
2. Application form addressed to the President of the Kyrgyz Republic in duplicate.
3. Passport of a citizen of the Kyrgyz Republic.
4. A copy of the birth certificate.
5. A copy of the marriage certificate, certificate of divorce, death certificate of the spouse or a court decision declaring the spouse dead or missing, if applicable
6. Document from the tax administration of the Kyrgyz Republic (at the last place of residence on the territory of the Kyrgyz Republic) on tax clearance.
7. Autobiography, local phone number and address, as well as the nationality of the spouse.
8. Personal declaration of the absence of unfulfilled obligations (alimony, property and others) to citizens and legal entities of the Kyrgyz Republic.
9. Five colour photos without a headdress with size of 4 × 6 cm on a white background.
10. Consular fees are 350 US dollars:
11. If the applicant has a spouse of a citizen of the Kyrgyz Republic, as well as persons dependent on him and who are citizens of the Kyrgyz Republic, a written request should be submitted on their relation to the applicant’s exit from citizenship of the Kyrgyz Republic.
12. If an applicant simultaneously applies for his/her minor children to be released from citizenship of the Kyrgyz Republic, then, depending on the circumstances stipulated by the Law on Citizenship of the Kyrgyz Republic, the following shall be submitted:
- A copy of the birth certificate / guardianship or custody / deprivation of parental rights;
- The notarial consent of the parties to the termination or retention of the child’s citizenship if one of his parents or guardians remains a citizen of the Kyrgyz Republic.
* Documents must be submitted in triple (3) copies (1 original and 2 copies).
1. Documents in English are provided with a authenticated translation into Russian.
2. Petitions are accepted for processing in the presence of all the above documents and are considered accepted for consideration from the day the applicant submits all the necessary documents.
3. The submission by the applicant of forged documents or the providing false information is grounds for refusing to accept the application.
4. The term for consideration of the application and the publication of the relevant Decree of the President of the Kyrgyz Republic is up to one year.