Legalization of documents
CONSULATE LEGALIZATION OF DOCUMENTS
Scheme (procedure) of consular legalization of documents compiled in the territory of the Kyrgyz Republic:
1) State notary office of the Kyrgyz Republic;
2) the Office of Notaries and Bar of the Ministry of Justice of the Kyrgyz Republic;
3) the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Kyrgyz Republic;
4) A diplomatic mission accredited in the Kyrgyz Republic or a consular office of a foreign state in whose territory documents will be used, or a diplomatic mission or a consular office of the Kyrgyz Republic, accredited in a foreign country (in whose territory documents will be used).
Scheme (procedure) of consular legalization of documents
compiled on the territory of a foreign state:
1) The competent authority of a foreign state;
2) Diplomatic representation or consular office of the Kyrgyz Republic accredited in a foreign country;
3) Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Kyrgyz Republic.
If the documents were not legalized by a diplomatic mission or consular office of the Kyrgyz Republic:
1) A diplomatic mission or consular institution of a foreign state accredited in the Kyrgyz Republic;
2) Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Kyrgyz Republic.
Documents not subject to consular legalization:
According to the "Regulations on the procedure for the implementation of consular legalization," approved by the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic on February 21, 2011 No. 60, the following documents are not subject to legalization:
• military tickets
• employment records
• driver's license
• technical passports on vehicle registration
• union tickets
• documents of belonging to estates and religions
Documents that may harm the interests of the Kyrgyz Republic or contain information that offends the honor and dignity of its citizens are also not subject to legalization.
According to the Conventions on Legal Assistance and Legal Relations in Civil, Family and Criminal Cases, signed in Minsk on January 22, 1993, and in Chisinau on October 7, 2002, documents issued or certified by a competent institution or specially authorized person within its competence in the prescribed form and sealed with the official seal, are accepted in the territories of the following states without any special certificate:
• 1. Republic of Azerbaijan;
• 2. Republic of Armenia;
• 3. Republic of Belarus;
• 4. Georgia;
• 5. Republic of Kazakhstan;
• 6. Republic of Moldova;
• 7. Russian Federation;
• 8. Republic of Tajikistan;
• 9. Turkmenistan;
• 10. Republic of Uzbekistan;
• 11. Ukraine.
Official documents executed on the territory of the States parties to the Hague Convention that abolishes the requirement to legalize foreign documents of October 5, 1961 (see list of countries participating in the Hague Convention) are exempted from legalization (except documents issued by diplomatic or consular agents and administrative documents directly related to commercial or customs operations).
In this case, the documents are certified by affixing an apostille with the appropriate authorized state bodies of the Kyrgyz Republic.
At the same time, the Hague Convention, which cancels the requirement to legalize foreign documents of October 5, 1961, does not apply between the Kyrgyz Republic and the following states as a result of these states expressing objections to the accession of the Kyrgyz Republic to this Convention:
• 1. Republic of Austria;
• 2. Kingdom of Belgium;
• 3. Federal Republic of Germany;
• 4. Hellenic Republic.
Note: Documents for legalization are accepted from the owners. In the absence of the owner of the document, the document is accepted in the presence of a notarized power of attorney.
Consular and actual fees,
collected by the BCS of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Kyrgyz Republic for consular legalization of documents
name of consular actions Consular and actual fees, som
For the legalization of each document issued by state bodies of the Kyrgyz Republic:
- from individuals
-with legal entities
For the legalization of each document issued by the state authorities of a foreign state:
- from individuals
- from legal entities 200
For the legalization of documents on education: diploma of the Kyrgyz Republic on higher and secondary vocational education, certificate of the Kyrgyz Republic on secondary education, certificates of completion of educational courses 1200