Renunciation of citizenship of the Kyrgyz Republic
According to the second part of Article 6 of the Law "On Citizenship of the Kyrgyz Republic" dated May 21, 2007 No. 70, the acquisition of another citizenship by the citizens of the Kyrgyz Republic does not entail the termination of citizenship of the Kyrgyz Republic.
The Law on Citizenship of the Kyrgyz Republic provides for the termination of citizenship of the Kyrgyz Republic on the basis of a written application of citizens of the Kyrgyz Republic who have reached the age of 18.
Citizens of the Kyrgyz Republic who are in the territory of the United Arab Emirates and wish to formalize their resignation from the Kyrgyz Republic should submit the following documents:
1. A written appeal of the applicant to the General Consulate of the Kyrgyz Republic about the intention to renounce citizenship of the Kyrgyz Republic, indicating the reason for renunciation the citizenship.
The application should include passport details, residence address in the UAE, phone number, e-mail address, and residence address in the Kyrgyz Republic before departure.
2. Application form addressed to the President of the Kyrgyz Republic.
3. Passport of a citizen of the Kyrgyz Republic with a note of consular registration.
4. A copy of the birth certificate.
5. A copy of the marriage certificate, certificate of divorce, death of the spouse or a court decision declaring the spouse (spouse) dead or missing, in appropriate cases.
6. Document of the tax authority of the Kyrgyz Republic (from the last place of residence in the territory of the Kyrgyz Republic) on the absence of tax arrears.
7. Autobiography indicating the date of entry into the UAE, home phone number and address of the current residence, as well as the nationality of the spouse (s).
8. Personal declaration of the absence of unfulfilled obligations (alimony, property and others) to citizens and legal entities of the Kyrgyz Republic.
9. Five color photos without a headdress measuring 4 × 6 cm on a white background.
10. Consular fees are 350 US Dollars.
11. If the applicant has a spouse who is a citizen of the Kyrgyz Republic, as well as persons dependent on him and who are citizens of the Kyrgyz Republic, a written statement should be submitted on their attitude to the applicant’s exit from the citizenship of the Kyrgyz Republic.
12. If the applicant is simultaneously applying for renunciation of citizenship of the Kyrgyz Republic for his minor children, then, depending on the circumstances stipulated by the Law on Citizenship of the Kyrgyz Republic, the following documents shall be submitted:
- Copy of the certificate of birth / guardianship / deprivation of parental rights;
- Notarized consent of the parties to terminate or retain the child’s citizenship if one of his/her parents or guardians remains a citizen of the Kyrgyz Republic (can be issued at the Consulate General).
- Notarized consent of children aged 14 to 18 years to change citizenship (can be issued at the Consulate General of the Kyrgyz Republic in the UAE).
All of the above documents shall be submitted in three (3) copies (1 original and 2 copies).
1. Documents in English should be provided with a certified translation into Russian.
2. Petitions are accepted for processing in the presence of all the above documents and are considered accepted for consideration from the day the applicant submitted all the necessary documents.
3. The submission by the applicant of forged documents or knowingly false information is the grounds for refusing to accept the application.
4. The term for consideration of the application and the issuing of the relevant Decree of the President of the Kyrgyz Republic is up to one year.
5. In case of dissatisfaction with the application, the consular fee will not be returned to the applicant.