Citizens of the Kyrgyz Republic are:
1) persons who have citizenship of the Kyrgyz Republic on the day the Law on Citizenship of the Kyrgyz Republic enters into force;
2) persons who were citizenship of the USSR, have been living permanently for the last five years (since contacting the internal affairs bodies) in the territory of the Kyrgyz Republic and have not made a statement about their citizenship of another state;
3) persons who acquired citizenship of the Kyrgyz Republic in accordance with the Law on Citizenship of the Kyrgyz Republic.
The procedure for determining the persons belonging to the citizenship of the Kyrgyz Republic
The embassy has the right to consider applications of persons permanently residing in the territory of the Republic of Uzbekistan regarding the determination of their affiliation or non-affiliation to the citizenship of the Kyrgyz Republic.
A person permanently residing outside the Kyrgyz Republic who wishes to determine his / her belonging to the citizenship of the Kyrgyz Republic must apply to the diplomatic mission or consular office of the Kyrgyz Republic with a statement on the determination of the citizenship of the Kyrgyz Republic. The application must be attached:
1) the original and a photocopy of the documents identifying the applicant (passport or birth certificate);
2) detailed autobiography;
3) two 4x6 cm photographs on a white background;
4) a document confirming permanent residence on the territory of a foreign state.
Renunciation of citizenship of the Kyrgyz Republic
The renunciation of the citizenship of the Kyrgyz Republic of a person residing in the territory of a foreign state shall be carried out on the basis of the voluntary will of such person in a simplified manner, except in cases of refusal to renounce the citizenship of the Kyrgyz Republic.
Citizens of the Kyrgyz Republic permanently residing outside the Kyrgyz Republic submit the following documents to the diplomatic missions or consular offices of the Kyrgyz Republic:
1) application form for renunciation of citizenship of the Kyrgyz Republic in two copies (Appendix 2);
2) birth certificate;
3) certificate of marriage, certificate of divorce, death of the spouse or court decision on recognition of the spouse (spouse) as dead or missing-as appropriate;
4) document of the tax authority of the Kyrgyz Republic (at the last place of residence of the applicant in the territory of the Kyrgyz Republic) on the absence of tax arrears;
5) confirmation of payment of the state fee or consular fees or document on exemption from their payment;
6) two color photos measuring 4x6 cm on a white background.
If the applicant at the same time applies for renunciation of citizenship of the Kyrgyz Republic of minor children, depending on the circumstances provided by law, submitted:
1) birth certificate, guardianship or custody, deprivation of parental rights;
2) written consent of the parties to the termination or preservation of the child's citizenship, if one of the parents or guardians remains a citizen of the Kyrgyz Republic, certified by a notary or a diplomatic mission or consular office of the Kyrgyz Republic;
3) written consent of children aged 14 to 18 years to change their citizenship, certified by a notary or a diplomatic mission or consular office of the Kyrgyz Republic.
The application is submitted by the applicant in person and must be signed by the applicant with the date of preparation.
An application for change of citizenship of a child or incapacitated person shall be submitted by their parents or other legal representatives at the place of residence of the child or incapacitated person.
When submitting an application for renunciation of the citizenship of the Kyrgyz Republic of a minor child, one of whose parents remains a citizen of the Kyrgyz Republic, the latter's written consent to renunciation of the citizenship of the Kyrgyz Republic of a minor child is required. Such applications must be notarized, and outside the country - by the diplomatic mission or consular office of the Kyrgyz Republic.
The application is made in the form corresponding to the specific grounds of acquisition or termination of citizenship of the Kyrgyz Republic. All necessary documents are collected in two copies: one application is accompanied by the original documents, and the other - copies.
Original be provided by the applicant of a document proving his identity (passport and (or) a residence permit), refundable. The application shall be accompanied by a copy of the document, the conformity of which is checked by the official and certified by his signature and seal of the authorized body.
The application form must be completed by hand or by technical means (typewriters, computers). The handwritten text of the statement must be legible. The use of abbreviations and acronyms, as well as corrections, is not allowed when filling out the application form. The answers to the questions in the application form should be exhaustive.