Accreditation of Foreign Journalists
The accreditation of the foreign mass-media correspondents on the territory of Kyrgyz Republic is carried out by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Kyrgyz Republic in accordance with the Kyrgyz Republic Law "On mass-media", the Law "On protection of the professional activity of the journalist" and the Statute "On accreditation of the foreign states mass-media correspondents in the Kyrgyz Republic".
Under the Statute "On accreditation of the foreign mass-media correspondents to Kyrgyz Republic" by 9 April 2000 № 215 application to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Kyrgyz Republic on the opening of correspondent office of foreign mass-media, on permanent or temporary accreditation includes:
- Letter on official letterhead of mass-media signed by appropriate mass-media management or diplomatic note of department, which is accredited on the territory of Kyrgyz Republic (name of accredited correspondents, technical staff, terms and purposes of accreditation)
- Information about the mass-media they presented
- Biography or CV/ resume, with indication of e-mail address
- Copy of passports;
- Photo size 3x4, JPG format in electronic version
- Fill out the application form application
The decision on permanent accreditation of foreign correspondent under the MFA KR is adopted in time, not exceeding 2 months since the day of the receipt of appropriate written application. The period of validity of permanent accreditation- is up to 2 years.
The decision on temporary accreditation under the MFA of Kyrgyz Republic is adopted in time, not exceeding 15 days since the day of receipt written application. The period of validity of temporary accreditation - is up to 3 months.