The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Kyrgyz Republic informs that a joint decision of the competent authorities of the Kyrgyz Republic dated June 8, 2021 amended the Algorithm of Actions to prevent the import and spread of coronavirus infection in relationship of citizens of the Kyrgyz Republic, foreign citizens and stateless persons crossing the state border of the Kyrgyz Republic.
In accordance with the amended requirements for entry into the Kyrgyz Republic, foreign citizens and stateless persons must present the results of a PCR test conducted in the last 72 hours from the moment of selection to arrival in the country or a document (certificate) certifying the vaccination against COVID-19 coronavirus infection.
The above requirements also apply to employees of diplomatic missions and employees of international organizations accredited in the Kyrgyz Republic.
These requirements do not apply to:
- members of official delegations of foreign states and international organizations having been invited by the authorized state body of the Kyrgyz Republic;
- children under 5 years of age (inclusive);
- international election observers traveling to Kyrgyzstan.
In case of expiration of the established validity period of the PCR test results (72 hours) due to unforeseen circumstances or reasons related to the duration of the flight, foreign citizens and stateless persons are required to undergo a PCR test at the place of arrival at the country's air terminals.
Ministry takes into consideration that a document (certificate) certifying the vaccination against COVID-19 coronavirus infection has to be recognized by the Kyrgyz Republic according to established order.
The above requirements come into force:
- from June 19, 2021-for citizens crossing the State Border of the Kyrgyz Republic through air checkpoints;
- from June 12, 2021- for citizens crossing the State Border of the Kyrgyz Republic through pedestrian checkpoints.
At the same time, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Kyrgyz Republic recalls the operation of the decree of the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic No. 84-r of March 17, 2020, which establishes temporary restrictions on entry into the country for foreign citizens and stateless persons, with the exception of:
- foreign citizens and stateless persons arriving in the country through air checkpoints («Manas», «Osh», «Issyk-Kul» airports);
- foreign citizens and stateless persons arriving in the country for the purpose of family reunification, medical treatment, education, participation in funeral events, with documentary confirmation of the purpose of the visit.
However, the above-mentioned restrictions on entry do not apply to citizens of the following foreign countries (subject to the mandatory provision of the results of PCR tests or a certificate of vaccination):
- Russian Federation
- Republic of Azerbaijan
- Republic of Armenia
- Republic of Belarus
- Republic of Kazakhstan
- Republic of Turkmenistan
- Kingdom of Belgium
- Republic of Austria
- United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
- Federal Republic of Germany
- Republic of Ireland
- Republic of Iceland
- Italian Republic
- Republic of Latvia
- Republic of Lithuania
- Principality of Liechtenstein
- Grand Duchy of Luxembourg
- Portuguese Republic
- Republic of Turkey
- Swiss Confederation
- Kingdom of Sweden
- State of Qatar
- United Arab Emirates
- People's Republic of China
- Republic of Korea
- Islamic Republic of Pakistan
- Republic of Slovenia
- State of Kuwait
- Republic of Uzbekistan
The Ministry notes that these requirements are adopted solely for the purpose of preventing and spreading coronavirus infection (COVID-19) in the country.
In this regard, the Ministry asks you to plan your trips to the Kyrgyz Republic in advance.