On the use of financial resources of development partners to combat coronavirus infection
The Office of the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic informs about the use of financial resources of development partners to combat coronavirus infection.
In order to support the budget and finance measures to counteract the spread and overcome the consequences of COVID-19, the following expenditure items were funded through the republican budget in the amount of $ 170.8 million, including:
- 89.1 million US dollars were allocated for the payment of wages to medical workers, educational system employees, law enforcement agencies and military personnel;
- 6.2 million US dollarswas allocated to state social insurance contributions for medical workers, education system employees, law enforcement agencies, and military personnel;
- 26.3 million US dollarswas spent on pensions and benefits;
- 22.3 million US dollars were allocated for financing medical institutions through the MHIF;
- 2.0 million US dollars was earmarked for financing local governments;
- 14.5 million US dollars was directed towards the payment of benefits to low-income groups of the population;
- 1.3 million US dollars was allocated for the purchase of medical goods and services;
- 3.0 million US dollars was allocated for the purchase of grain by the State Material Reserves Fund in order to replenish stocks;
- 1.3 million US dollars was spent on food products for people in difficult situations due to restrictions introduced to combat COVID-19.
The remainder of the funds received in the amount of $ 148.4 million is planned to be used to restore the economy and overcome the consequences of the pandemic.
In addition, in order to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus, the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic is working to attract humanitarian and technical assistance from international development partners and foreign countries.
As of July 13, 2020, as part of this work with international partners, assistance is being considered for a total of $ 17.7 million, of which $ 7.9 million have already received personal protective equipment, drugs, equipment, supplies and groceries.
Of this amount of $ 17.7 million, development partners account for $ 13.1 million (aid received for $ 3.7 million), foreign countries - $ 4.6 million (aid received for 4.2 million US dollars).