Information on entering Switzerland
You can see what rules apply to you when entering Switzerland using the online Travelcheck service.
Check visa requirements on the website of the Embassy of Switzerland in Bishkek.
From 2 May, 2022, it is no longer necessary to provide proof of vaccination, recovery or a negative test or complete an entry form to enter Switzerland.
Important information for citizens traveling to the Kyrgyz Republic
In accordance with the joint decision of the competent authorities of the Kyrgyz Republic dated April 30, 2022, it was decided that from May 1, 2022, citizens of the Kyrgyz Republic, as well as foreign citizens and stateless persons, can enter the territory of the Kyrgyz Republic in the manner prescribed by the legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic, without presenting a certificate of vaccination against coronavirus infection or a negative PCR test result.
Recommendations for Kyrgyz citizens traveling to Europe
When visiting European countries, especially countries that are the most popular tourist destinations (in particular, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, etc.), in order to avoid the loss of documents, funds, personal belongings, etc. as a result of theft, robbery and other force - major circumstances, the Embassy of the Kyrgyz Republic in Switzerland strongly recommends to be vigilant and careful!
It is highly recommended:
1. Exercise general vigilance and caution.
2. Keep documents (passport, etc.) separate from money and valuables.
3. Do not keep documents, money and valuables in your pockets.
4. Bags with valuables, documents, etc. should never be left unattended. It is necessary that bags with valuables, documents, etc. were under the constant control of the owners.
5. It is advisable to carry bags with valuables and documents on a belt over the shoulder in front of you, but not behind the back or on the side.
6. Avoid wearing expensive jewelry, especially in open, crowded places.
7. Avoid potentially dangerous locations.
8. Be careful when moving late.
In case of loss for various reasons of documents, in particular, a passport, which is a travel document, without which it is IMPOSSIBLE to cross borders, and valuable things, the following actions must be taken:
1. Immediately contact the consular officer of the nearest diplomatic mission of the Kyrgyz Republic.
2. After informing about the incident and obtaining the necessary information, immediately contact the nearest police station.
3. Self-record the time of the call.
4. At the police station, submit an application (orally or in writing) and request the drawing up of an appropriate protocol.
5. Get the original or a copy of the protocol.
6. Self-record the address, contact details of the police station, as well as the name and position of the police officer (s) who accepted the application and drew up the protocol.
7. Contact the consular officer of the nearest diplomatic mission of the Kyrgyz Republic for further instructions.
8. If it is necessary to issue an SVR, prepare two photographs (for each person) no more than 3x4 cm in size.
General recommendations and notes
- In cases of loss of a civil passport abroad, a procedure for issuing a Certificate of Return to the Kyrgyz Republic (Certificate) is provided, which allows you to return to Kyrgyzstan. The document is issued for a period not exceeding 30 days.
- At the same time, one should take into account the fact that the Certificate gives a citizen of the Kyrgyz Republic the right to return to Kyrgyzstan from the country of actual stay and does not give the right to visit other countries, regardless of the reasons.
- In cases of loss of a civil passport, you should not give in to panic. You should be as calm as possible. Upon timely application to the nearest diplomatic mission, citizens will be provided with the necessary assistance in obtaining a Certificate.
- Registration of documents is a formality that requires compliance with the requirements established by the legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic.
- After returning to the Kyrgyz Republic, you should contact the State Registration Service within a month to exchange a general civil passport and attach the received Certificate when submitting documents.
The consular fee for issuing a Certificate is 10 US dollars.
Bank details of the Embassy:
Bank: UBS SA, Switzerland
Account number: 793.423.00 Q
Clearing number: 240
Account name: Mission Permanente de la République du Kirghizistan Aupres de l'ONU
Address: Avenue Blanc 51, 1202 Genève
CP No.: 80-2-2
SWIFT (BIC): UBSWCHZH12A
IBAN: CH35 0024 0240 7934 2300 Q
Application for obtaining a document remotely Link to file